Saturday, November 01, 2008

halloween in hk

Sorry no photos, but I didn't know people celabrate halloween this much in HK. I went out for drinks last night but there were people dressed in funny/weird/insteresting costumes everywhere. I think it's more popular here than in Japan as I do not remember any kinds of celebration around me when I was there. This custom must have been brought in by the British but it makes me think Hongkers (oh, it sounds better than "Hongkongers" and easier to say) can be more pragmatic than the Japanese. Well, maybe about the same.

Halloween (Wikipedia)

Interestingly, though, Japan is counted as one of the "several countries of the western world" which celebrate it in this entry. Maybe there were celebrations going on outside of my small world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home